*Updated August 9, 2017
Orientation is extremely important in starting the new year off right. During orientation cadet's gear is issued, we fellowship, the Instructors share their vision for the school year. It helps to put a face to a name. The Booster Club will be introduced as points of contact for questions that you may have.
When: August 12th - Required Orientation. Here's a basic outline for the day:
Where: Parkview Cafeteria (potluck) & ROTC Gym
Times: 8:00 AM - 14:00 PM (Entire event)
- 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Cadet staff meeting
- 8: 30 AM - 11:30 AM Uniforms issued in ROTC gym. (LE II - LE IV 9:30 -11:30 uniforms issued)
- 12:00 PM - 14:00 PM Potluck lunch in the cafeteria. Please bring enough to feed your family plus two more.
*New this year - visit each station hosted by Booster Club members where you collect stamps. Once you fill up your card and turn it in you'll be entered into our raffle drawing to be held during lunch. *Must be present to win.
Potluck Items Listed by Rank: Enough to feed your family + 2 more
- LE4 bring - Desserts & Drinks
- LE3 bring - Entree & Drinks
- LE2 bring - Side dishes or Salads
- LE1 bring - Main entree
There will be a limited supply of PT Gear and Spirit Wear available for purchase the day of orientation. We'll also have samples of new Spirit Wear items on hand to help with your purchase decisions. Team True Colors, Inc. in Lilburn is our Spirit Wear provider. Items you'd like that are not available at orientation can be ordered on our personalized site. Please visit the MCJROTC page to place your order. You can arrange to pick up in person or have shipped to your address.
Booster Club members will be set up in the cafeteria to accept dues payments, purchase Marine Corp Ball tickets, and assist with Spirit Wear. Cash, check and cards accepted for payments, 3% service charge added to credit card purchases.
List of Dues and fees:
- Value Package $70.00 ( cadet dues + 1 cadet ball ticket) until August 18th, a $5.00 savings
- Booster Club Dues $50.00
- Drill Team $200.00
- Rifle Team $400.00 (returning members only)
- Cadet Ball Ticket $25.00 (price will go up to $35.00 per cadet October 2nd)
- Guest Ball Ticket $35.00
*All cadets should plan to stick around after the potluck is done to help clean up the cafeteria.
Parents and guardians we could use your help during orientation. If two or three parents working in shifts would agree to help keep the potluck table organized during the event it would be a great help to keep things moving. Then help return the cafeteria to its original state for school on Monday. Please use the SignUp.com button below and pick your spot.