We are very proud of our cadets and support them in all they do as a battalion throughout the school year. We always have room for those who desire to serve and support one of the best units in Gwinnett County. The Booster Club is truly a remarkable team of cadet family members and we are fortunate to have you all involved.
One of the Booster Club’s primary missions is to help the JROTC program raise money for cadet related supplies, equipment, competition expenses and social event funding. The Booster Club also helps set-up all events, provides chaperones, helps with transportation, assisting the competition teams during their meets (Drill Team, Color Guard, Raiders, and Rifle Team). They also help by supervising cadets during fund raising activities which support non-school funded activities such as Toys for Tots, for which Parkview MCJROTC is one of the biggest non-corporate contributors. Of course, when this group gets together, we seem to have more fun than our cadets!
Membership in the Booster Club is voluntary, it’s a great way to stay informed about the many activities that are going on and an excellent way to get to know the families and cadets in our battalion. Dues are a once a year fee of $50.00 per cadet. During orienation Booster Club members will be on hand to get you signed up.
The booster club is a 501-C3 nonprofit organization with all donations being 100% tax deductible. All proceeds generated by the Booster Club go directly to support cadet activities. If you own a business or know someone who does and are willing to be a business sponsor for our program, this is a great way to support our cadets. Please click the Sponsorship button for more details.
Booster Club meetings are held monthly at 7:00 PM in the JROTC gym, check the event calendar for exact dates. Our meetings offer an opportunity for you to ask questions and also have fun with like-minded JROTC families. If you want to be involved in your cadets JROTC experience join the Booster Club. We stay in touch with you through email, Text Remind, this website and on our Facebook page. Please use the buttons provided to join our email list, the Text Remind Service, and follow our Facebook page.
Without the support and efforts of the volunteer Booster Club, many activities and events could not take place. That said it is not the responsibility of the Booster Club to sign cadets up for service details, that is the cadet's job.
The volunteers of the Booster Club:
- Provide meals for the cadets at different events such as drill competitions, rifle matches, and service details.
- Carry out orientation at the start of the school year.
- Plan and set-up the Marine Birthday Ball.
- Produce the newsletter and the website.
- Arrange for spirit wear to be available for sale.
- Assist cadets in coordinating most fundraising efforts.
- Solicit tax-deductible donations from local business sponsors that help fund cadets in events such as drill and rifle competitions.
- Purchase sorely needed equipment for the cadets and military instructors that is not funded by the United States Marine Corps or Gwinnett County School system.
- Booster Club volunteers are at the heart of this organization. Your help is not only needed, it is critical to ensure the success and continued high standards of excellence of the MCJROTC Program.
- 400 volunteer hours put in by Booster Club members in 5 months!
2017 - 2018 Parkview MCJROTC Association, Inc. Officers. Tax Identification No. 58-2427348